L'été basque

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A few time ago I wrote a post about travelling. It was right before summer and I felt I needed a break after the long Basque winter.
Unfortunately with a new job I haven't had the chance to leave for a little holiday.
But after spring, the most rainy period here, I was so excited at the thought of the incoming summer warm surf and beach sessions I was about to attend - it would have been my first summer in Biarritz!

Yeah, but most of the times fairy-tales are just fairy-tales and someone up there decided that this year summer wasn't going to come to Europe (ok, maybe not ALL Europe). 
Rain, autumn weather and grey clouds all over... Ok, I'm not saying we didn't have some typical summer moments. But Mediterranean weather is still something different! And all of my brand new cute summer dresses are still tidily locked in my closet...

So here I am, August the 20th - a cardigan on, still waiting for the sunny months to begin.

Luckily there's the warm surf. 
...And a little baby shark visiting the spot yesterday too!!
I had never seen a shark before, and neither I did this time. But the only thought made me realize I might want to take a few days break from the ocean.

So, this has been my été basque so far. Not that bad, but everybody please cross your fingers for a little warmer time down here!


I hope you're all having a hot, sunny and shark-free week!



Credits // Author // Photography: Marta Tomasini
Post Comment
Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)